Wednesday, December 21, 2011

The Vote Is (Mostly) In

So in the will-it-be-a-boy-or-a-girl-sweepstakes - which will hopefully be decided tomorrow morning :) - the votes have been counted . . . 

6 : 3 in favor of . . . 

No matter what, I hate the color pink 
a girl! 

My mother is still being obstinate and wavering back and forth (how dare she!), but Brad, Amanda, our chiropractor, the two receptionists who work at his office, and Diplo have all come down on the side of a girl, while Jo, Shannon, and Brad's office mate are guessing a boy. 

None of these guesses is even remotely scientific - nor are they based even remotely on old wives' tales. Shannon had a dream that we had a little boy and nicknamed him "Ogdus" (haha), so she's guessing boy. Everyone at the chiro's office can picture me and Brad with a little girl so they're going with girl. 

Last time we were at the OB, baby's heartbeat was 140 bpm - so the old wives' tale that says above 140 and it's a girl/below 140 and it's a boy seems not to be working here . . . . 

I've officially got no feeling one way or the other, but I sure hope this baby isn't stubborn tomorrow!

3 comments:

  1. If you hate the color pink be sure to never look at pictures of my kid. She will be decked out in pink. :) I think you'll have a girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mom's favorite color, for as long as I can remember, has been pink - and thus my childhood bedroom was pink and white . . . .

    If we do have a little girl, I foresee a lot of yellows and greens and whites :).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the baby!! I am so happy for you! I cannot wait until I get pregnant! Maybe this year!?1?

    Happy New Year!

    Bailey
    http://lostandfound-bailee.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete