Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Mental Health Day

If you've been too tired, busy, and stressed to notice that your kitchen sink is full of week-old dirty dishes or that everywhere you walk you're stepping over a piece of clothing that you discarded in a morning fit of "I hate all my clothes and have nothing to wear," chances are you need a mental health day. 

Which brings me to today. 

Glancing over all the unread posts on my blog reading list, I've determined that I haven't been on a blog - mine or anyone else's - for almost 2 weeks. Life's been that chaotic. And until last night, I haven't had a decent night's sleep in a week. So today, after being in bed for 13.5 hours and actually sleeping quite a bit of them, I'm taking a mental health day. Catch up on blogging, maybe workout, play some Lumosity, read about celebs, perhaps even finish a drape project I started 2 months ago. Doing things I will actually enjoy. (Wow, that's not something I say often during the school year.) 

Normally, even when it's desperately needed, I can't indulge in such a luxury. That's b/c my work is never done until the last minute, no matter how dilligently I keep at it. (And even at the last minute it's usually 2/3 done.) BUT, magically, all of my stuff for tomorrow has been done since Sunday, and I've even got 3/4 of this coming Monday's work finished as well. 

So I can actually relax. And putz around. And feel like a human being instead of a robot. It's glorious

My advice? If you've been feeling anything like I have for the past 7 days, try try try to carve out a little "me-time," even if it's only 3 or 4 hours. You'll be glad you did. I've only been out of bed for 2.5 hours, and I feel soooooooooooooooo much better already. 

No comments:

Post a Comment