It's almost like the Huffington Post reprinted Glamour's 1997 list of "30 Things Every Woman Should Have and Should Know by the Time She's 30" (by Pamela Redmond Satran) today in honor of my turning thirty tomorrow . . . .
The whole list is awesome and on the money - and here are some faves.
Things you should have by the time you're 30:
7. The realization that you are actually going to have an old age - and some money set aside to help fund it.
9. A resume that is not even the slightest bit padded.
11. A set of screwdrivers, a cordless drill, and a black lace bra.
15. A solid start on a satisfying career, a satisfying relationship, and all those other facets of life that do get better [after 30].
Things you should know by the time you're 30:
10. That your childhood may not have been perfect, but it's over.
11. What you would and wouldn't do for money or love.
12. That nobody gets away with smoking, drinking, doing drugs, or not flossing for very long.
14. Not to apologize for something that isn't your fault.
Here's hoping for a heck of a birthday and a heck of a decade - and many more - to come!