Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Big Day Tomorrow: the Big 3-0

It's almost like the Huffington Post reprinted Glamour's 1997 list of "30 Things Every Woman Should Have and Should Know by the Time She's 30" (by Pamela Redmond Satran) today in honor of my turning thirty tomorrow . . . .

The whole list is awesome and on the money - and here are some faves.

Things you should have by the time you're 30

7.  The realization that you are actually going to have an old age - and some money set aside to help fund it. 

9.  A resume that is not even the slightest bit padded.

11.  A set of screwdrivers, a cordless drill, and a black lace bra. 

15.  A solid start on a satisfying career, a satisfying relationship, and all those other facets of life that do get better [after 30]. 


Things you should know by the time you're 30

10.  That your childhood may not have been perfect, but it's over. 

11.  What you would and wouldn't do for money or love. 

12.  That nobody gets away with smoking, drinking, doing drugs, or not flossing for very long.  

14.  Not to apologize for something that isn't your fault.


Here's hoping for a heck of a birthday and a heck of a decade - and many more - to come!

1 comment:

  1. Happy 29th Birthday!

    And if you think turning thirty is a big issue, ha! just wait another ten years, my dear. You haven’t seen anything. I’m gaining weight and I’ve grown a belly (so says my wife but I’ll be damned If I can find it). O yeah, gray hair and a receding hair line. Well, at least haircuts are getting less and less expensive. So, welcome to old age!

    And comment #12 is true...to a point. I’ve never ever smoked, drank or played around with drugs. I’ve always flossed and for some silly reason the dentist always has something to say about my pearly whites.

    How are Brad and baby doing?

    ReplyDelete